1. It avoids accidental overdoses: Pill organisers are necessary to avoid accidental prescription drug overdose. They will help you to identify the pills you’ve already taken, and the ones you are yet to take.
2. Clean and Disposable: They enable you to store pills neatly, and they are disposable, too.
3. No room for contamination: You’ll have a brand new fresh pill package every week. So there is no room for contamination or uncertainty about what medication to take each day.
4. Easy to Fill: You can fill one week’s medicines at a time easily or you can make cards for a few weeks at one time, and save a lot of time each month.
5. No more confusion: This is an advantage you get while using disposable multi-med cards. Since you are throwing away the old card and using a fresh card each week, there is no room for confusion.
6. Take your medicines with confidence: Studies show that most patients are not confident when it comes to taking medication. This is especially the case when they have to take several pills a day. Pill organisers will be sealed so you’ll know if someone has touched your medications.
7. Easy to understand: They are divided into morning, noon, evening and bedtime blisters. When filled correctly, pill organisers will help you to take your medications on time every day of the week.
8. Comes in all sizes: They are very easy to carry around, and come in different sizes. They are lightweight, easy to handle and looks great, too. There are pill organisers that fit into your pocket or purse, so that you can keep them safe while travelling.
9. Perfect for pharmacists and their patients: Pill organisers are just perfect for pharmacists and their patients. They are divided into sections for improved medication patient compliance, and are highly recommended by doctors. Pharmacists can increase their sales and improve their patient’s adherence to complex medication regimens by using them.
10. Just right for caregivers: It also makes a caregiver’s job easier. They can quickly check to see which medication was taken by patients. They can assemble the card every weekend and it literally takes only a few minutes.
11. Helpful for the elderly: Though pill organisers are useful for all types of patients, they are especially helpful for the elderly or those with memory disabilities. It enables patients to check whether or not they have taken their dose of medication by merely viewing the compartments for that particular day.
12. Available in a wide array of configurations: Pill organizers now come with specialised features. For instance, you will find pill organisers with Braille for blind users, colour coding for those with low vision, and even locking mechanisms to forbid double dosing.
13. They simplify your medication programme: They can be filled and labelled easily at home. They can drastically improve the life of the patient and provide peace-of-mind for their loved ones or caregivers.
14. Prevent errors: It is easy for seniors to take the wrong medicines or even skip doses. Pill organisers prevent this from happening. There is nothing your senior has to figure out. They simply need to take the pills in each designated compartments.
15. Enable seniors to be proactive: By giving your loved ones multi-med cards, you are also giving them greater health and independence.